TERMS AND CONDITIONS
As soon as you have booked one of our tours, you are contractually bound to Myanmar Discovery. The terms “we” and “our” are attributed to Myanmar Discovery and the words “you” and “customer” are given to travelers who are buying Myanmar Discovery’ services. The following terms and conditions are the basis of the contract. All communications and documents confirmation (by email or fax, etc.) between the client and Myanmar Discovery act as a contract.
Passports and Visas
Before commencing your trip, please ensure that you meet the following requirements :
- Passport : Your passport must be valid at least 6 months after your returning date, applicable to children.
- Visa : Mandatory for Myanmar.
It is your responsibility to obtain a valid visa prior to your arrival in Myanmar. It is possible to obtain the visa (1) at the Myanmar Embassy in your country or (2) online via the website : http://evisa.moip.gov.mm/index.aspx
Travel insurance is compulsory for all our trips. You must take out an international travel insurance that covers at least medical expenses and repatriation costs in case of accident. Your travel insurance must be confirmed upon your departure.
Once we have received the confirmation of the reservation of your trip, we will send you a booking form with details of your reserved trip which you have to complete with your details. This form must be returned to Myanmar Discovery by email to our address : firstname.lastname@example.org
We will then send you our written confirmation within five working days (one week).
The price of your travel is based on a known cost at the time of sending our quotation. Upon payment of the deposit (or of your entire trip), we guarantee the price of your trip (excluding changes on your part). However, some cases of force majeure might force us to adjust our prices to meet the travel conditions as described in our estimate. These force majeure cases can be :
- unpredictable and significant increase in our local providers (hotels, trains, planes, junk ships, boats, road vehicles …)
- major currency fluctuations having a significant impact on the exchange rate
- a new tax introduced by the government.
The evidence of such force majeure will be provided to the customer. In these cases, even after payment of the deposit, the customer can refuse such increases and cancel his trip. We will then refund you the deposit that have been paid.
When booking your trip, we ask for a deposit of 30-50% of the total price (depending on estimates). The deposit is payable to our account which reference will be communicated in our booking form. Once we have received your deposit, we will send you a written confirmation to acknowledge the exact amount paid with dates, signatures and stamp of our company. The reservation will then be considered effective. Payment can be made by bank transfer or by credit card online.
The balance will be settled either before departure or upon arrival in Myanmar.
Please note that bank charges have to be settled by you.
The booking of your travel services is made only after we have received your completed booking form and deposit of your trip. If a particular service (hotel, plane …) is unavailable at the time of booking, we will offer replacements of similar or greater value.
We reserve the right :
- To make minor changes to the program at any time without notice. These changes don’t give rise to any refund from us.
- To change the program and its details without notice in the event of a flight cancellation, changes to scheduling airlines or due to lack of availability.
However, if we are obliged to make major changes to your program, we will inform you as soon as possible and will offer you the following choices :
- Accept the planned changes and probably with a refund.
- Buy another of our trips (and pay for an extra fee if the trip is more expensive or receive a refund for the difference if the trip is cheaper).
- Cancel your trip; then we will refund all payments already made.
We reserve the right to cancel your trip for the following reasons :
- Default payments on your part.
- Force majeure (1)
In all cases, we are doing everything possible to find an alternative by offering a similar value solution.
On your part, you have to inform us of any cancellations by email or fax.
If cancellation occurs immediately after your booking, we will invoice you :
- the cancellation costs of air tickets (if any)
- the down payment for local hotels (some hotels require a deposit payment when booking your room)
In addition, other cancellation fees are at your charge, depending on the time of cancellation :
- more than 90 days before the beginning of the trip : 5% of the price the deposit is retained.
- between 90 and 60 days before commencement of travel : 50% of the deposit is retained.
- between 60 and 30 days before commencement of travel : 75% of the deposit is retained.
- less than 30 days before the beginning of the trip : the deposit is kept in full.
The amount of the cancellation fee will be charged to our account. The difference will be refunded by bank transfer. Bank charges will be at your expense.
All the trips which are shortened or interrupted; or all the terrestrial, fluvial, maritime or air services which are not made for any reason will not be refunded.
Nevertheless, in case of interrupted travel for health reasons, we will try to obtain from the providers total or partial refund of unused services.
We act as an intermediary between the client and the various service providers (airlines, hotels, airlines, restaurants, boats, …). We do our best to ensure the best quality of services, but we cannot take responsibility for the service providers, who in any case, are responsible for their services.
We will not be liable for :
- adverse consequences resulting from a force majeure event (weather, natural disasters, political issue, strike).
- the consequences of schedule or airport change.
- the consequences of delays, impediments or cancellation of flights, of air transport and rail transport.
- the damage of personal belongings in hotels.
- the loss or damage of personal items.
- the damage committed by our passengers.
- the costs due to an accident.
- the non-compliance to schedules on part of travelers.
Yet, in all circumstances, we will do our best to find an alternative by offering a similar value solution.
We accept our responsibilities if the services we had to provide you are not those which had been described, or within a reasonable standard. We accept to be responsible for any act of omission from one of our employees, agents, suppliers or subcontractors (if it is in the exercise of its functions under our authorization). The maximum amount that we would agree to refund shall in no case exceed the price of your travel and daily compensation may not exceed $ 30 per person. The maximum amount would only apply if your journey did not go well and if you had no satisfaction. In all other cases, we reserve the right to offer you some compensation, taking into account all parameters.
Complaints / Disputes
Any claim relating to a trip or a stay must be received no later than 5 working days or a week after the date scheduled for the end of the service, by registered letter with acknowledgment of receipt. It is stipulated that all claims / complaints must be made by fax, regular mail, e-mail or any other means. In case of difficulties, both parties must make an effort in seeking an agreeable solution to their dispute.
In case of disputes and / or complaints, the Burma Chamber of Commerce and Industry will be competent to solve the problem.
For more information about our sales conditions, please contact us.
By force majeure, we are referring to :
(1) war or threat of war, riots, natural or nuclear disaster, a port blockade, looting, fires and terrorist activity, bad weather, epidemics, quarantine or any event similar.
(2) cancellation, modification, diversion of a domestic or international flight.
(3) visa refusal or cancellation, deportation by the relevant authorities.
(4) loss, theft, intentional or unintentional destruction of passport and / or official papers.